Tuesday, February 12, 2013

What I thought of ...Star Wars #2

Last month, Star Wars #1 was honestly my favorite Star Wars comic since the Marvel Comics series, way back in the 70's and 80's. So, I went into this with great excitement. Let's just say, it didn't disappoint at all.
THE GOOD: All of it. Seriously. Writer Brian Wood manages to cram this issue with just about EVERY  Star Wars character that he can, but nothing ever seems forced or crowded, or needlessly thrown in the story. If you read last issue, you know that Princess Leia has been assigned to find a traitor in midst of the Rebellion. This issue, the suspects are introduced and let the mystery solving begin!! Also...HAN & CHEWIE!!!!! How awesome is that?
THE BAD: Ummmmm.....nothing. OK, if I HAD to pick something, I'd say that judging by the cover, I was looking forward to seeing Boba Fett in this issues, but he's technically not. So, that was a bummer. But yeah, that's the only thing that I can come up with. Oh wait, there's a reference to the prequels. Didn't need that.
THE VERDICT: BUY THE HELL OUT OF THIS ISSUE!!! It's great, it's CLASSIC Star Wars, and it's just a damn good comic book. It WILL have you on the edge of your seat waiting until next month, but hey, that's what comics are for!!

No comments:

Post a Comment