Monday, February 11, 2013

What I thought of....Uncanny X-Men #1

I've made no secret about this fact, I've never been an "X-Men" guy. I like The Wolverine, and I LOVE The Beast, but other than that.......I can take or leave them. My favorite X-Men title ever was the original X-Factor, which features the original X-Men as mutant-hunting government agents. Anyway, enough about that. Let's take a look at Uncanny X-Men #1:
The Good: In a REALLY round about way, this IS a tiny bit like the old X-Factor book I was talking about earlier. Cyclops and his band of mutants go around gathering up the brand new mutants that are popping up everywhere. Mostly, this issues takes place inside a SHIELD holding cell where a mystery man in talking to Maria Hill. It's written by Bendis, so it has an advantage when it comes to the talking head department. I have to say, more than any comic that I've read in a long time this book is not only entertaining, but INFORMATIVE.
The Bad: There's not that much wrong with this comic. If I had to get picky, I'd say that Bachalo's art on the action scenes are a little muddled and hard to follow. Also, the book has an interesting premise, but it's gonna have to do some pretty amazing things to make me keep up with it. It's a good premise, but it has the potential to get REALLY old REALLY fast.
The Verdict: It's a good first issue with some nice revelations and surprises. Whether it can keep it up or not will be something to watch for.

No comments:

Post a Comment