Thursday, May 19, 2011

Snake Eyes #1 Review



Who's the most bad-ass character in comic book history? Right. Wolverine. Who would somebody send to kill Wolverine? Snake Eyes. Yes, that's how formidalbe Snake Eyes is. So, why is it we're just getting a solo Snake Eyes series now, in 2011, almost 30 years after his action figure debut? I can't answer that. BUT, when I can tell you is that it's worth the wait.
-You get exactly what you'd expect and what you'd want from a Snake Eyes comic-ninja moves & awesomeness. I'm not sure time-line wise where this book fits in. It flashes back to Cobra Civil War #0, but I'm guessing it takes place before last week's GI Joe #1, due to spoilerish reasons that I won't get into. We join Snake Eyes, Helix, Alpine and Iceberg on a mission to find an enemy that is holed up in a really remote arctic area. And best of all? You get to see Snake Eyes being Snake Eyes. I really don't know if it was writer Chuck Dixon or artist Robert Atkins that choreographed the action, but whoever did, deserves a salute. It's never confusing, and always entertaining. The only thing I didn't really care for in this issue was the art in the flashback sequences. Yikes.
-I give this issue 4 out of 4 (ninja throwing)stars!

1 comment:

  1. Credit for the choreography goes to Robert, with the inspiration from Chuck ;)

    ReplyDelete