Sunday, January 25, 2009

American Idol

No, not THAT American Idol. A couple weeks ago, I had the opportunity to meet one of MY idols, TV producer, creator, writer, novelist, and sometimes actor Stephen J. Cannell. He's the man who created such shows as The Rockford Files, The Greatest American Hero and my favorite, THE A-TEAM. He was appearing at a Border's book store in La Grange, IL promoting his new book ON THE GRIND. Before the signing he gave a presentation about his life-which was FASCINATING-and his career and what made him jump from the boob tube to being a novelist. I haven't started reading ON THE GRIND yet, because I picked up one of his earlier books, WHITE SISTER, and I haven't been able to put it down. I'm going to go back and pick up everything in his Shane Scully sereis. So far, I'm really impressed.
-I got to talk to him about the recent Greatest American Hero comic(which has been a HUGE hit at my store)and he was very impressed that a "Comic Book Guy" turned out for one of his signings. It was a great experiance, and if you ever get the chance to meet him, you should go. He's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment