Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Future.........

A lot of people have been asking me what I've either BEEN up to or what I'm GOING to be up to. While I wish the answer was more exciting, I HAVE been busy. For the past few months, I've been helping out at Challengers Comics + Conversation. Run by 2 of my best friends, Patrick Brower & W. Dal Bush, I've been beyond lucky that they've asked me to come aboard and help them out on a weekly basis, and I can also be found there for the occasional event or random day when they need an extra hand. I am, was and ALWAYS WILL BE part of the comic "community" or "industry", if you will. What I love most about working at Challengers is there's no bullshit. No website that I'me forced to work on at the sacrifice of paying attention to customers in the store, no 8 other stores that I have to worry about calling or getting calls from at odd time. It's boiled down to what I love and what I do best:selling comic books to people that want to buy comic books. Plain and simple. Pure joy.
-I have also been working on JimmyPSHayes.com and in the next year, you'll see some big changes to that site, all of them good. I've got some great stuff lined up with the help of some great people, so bookmark that site, there's exciting stuff happening in regards to that.
-Also, I'm getting ready to go back to school in January of 2013 to become a personal fitness trainer. It's something I'm very passionate about and I've been thinking about doing for the past couple of years. I'm the odd duck who said that my future would always be in retail, but after my last job, I don't know that that applies anymore. All the bad-mouthing that retail jobs get? Well, it's pretty much all true. It's a thankless job that pays very little. While my heart will always belong to comic retail, and like I said, I will always be involved in that industry, I have no desire to work full time at a big box retail store. And physical fitness is something that I have come to have a real passion about. I'm a type 2 diabetic, and I wouldn't want anyone to go through what I have to go through every day. If I can help ANYONE get into better shape and lead a healthier lifestyle, I'll be tremendously happy. And yes, you see me joke on twitter and other places about eating whole cakes, pies, ect....but it's just that. A joke. I don't REALLY eat everything I say I do, if I did, I'd have died a long time ago.
-So, that's what's been up and that's what's coming up. Stuff, stuff, and more stuff. In the coming months, look for a bunch of fun things that will be happening, exclusive stuff available only right here(NO, I'm not going to be an online comic retailer. Never ever.)and plenty of events that will be happening. In the immediate future, look for an announcement in the next couple of weeks about a FANTASTIC Sta.....wait, that would be telling. Thanks for taking the time to read this. I appreciate each and everyone of you, and I think Doc Brown said it best when he said to Jennifer.....


No comments:

Post a Comment