Wednesday, January 14, 2015

GO GET A STAR WARS COMIC!!!!!!

Almost 29 years ago, Marvel Comics published Star Wars #107, the final issue in their monthly Star Wars series. Today, Marvel releases Star Wars #1, the first issue in their all NEW on-going monthly series by Jason Aaron and artist John Cassaday, and I have to say, it's nice to have Star Wars "home" again. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVED a lot of the Dark Horse Star Wars comics. They kept the torch going when, honestly, nobody really cared about Star Wars. But, as a kid growing up in the late 70's and 80's, THIS is where Star Wars belonged. Not that the Star Wars characters interacted with Spider-Man or The Hulk or anything like that, but just seeing the Marvel logo on a Star Wars comic feels right to me.
-Unless you've been living under a rock for the last several months, you know that over a MILLION copies of Star Wars #1 have been ordered, many of them retailer exclusives and variant covers, so saying that you have more than just one cover to choose from is a GROSS understatement. Unfortunately, there's no ONE place to buy them all, so you're best bet would be to try ebay and see what comes up.
-2015 will be a big year for Star Wars, with the new movie opening in December (Is anyone in line yet?). but, I'm going to be doing the best that I can to include regular Star Wars comic reviews, right here! Yes, there's a million Star Wars websites out there, focusing on everything from the movies to the toys to the Legos to the novels...you get the idea. But, not to many include comics, and well, I love comics, so there you go. I will (hopefully) see you back here later today with my review of Star Wars #1!!!
This is NOT an actual cover....pervert.


No comments:

Post a Comment