Sunday, April 19, 2015

No, it's not Star Wars or Batman

First off, sorry I haven't written lately, I had a wicked bout with walking pneumonia and it really laid me out. But, I'm a TON better now!
-OK, on to the purpose of this post. While I am excited for Star Wars and Superman vs. Batman, some really awesome news broke between the release of those two trailers: Matthew Vaughn is in talks to direct a FLASH GORDON movie!!! FINALLY!!! After 35 we will (hopefully) get a big screen Flash Gordon. You all know how much I love Flash Gordon, and depending on how much love is put into the movie, this could be a really really GREAT movie. Is Matthew Vaughn the right choice for director? That's where YOU come in. I have no clue if he is or not, because I've never seen one of his movies. I take it back. I saw 10 minutes of X-Men: First Class, then stopped, but that's because I hate the X-Men movies with a holy passion, not because it was a bad movie. So drop a comment below and let me know what you think. I DO hope, that if Matthew Vaughn ends up directing, that someone gives him a bunch of Al Williamson Flash Gordon comics.
Do a google image search for Al Williamson Flash Gordon. Seriously, that is the stuff that made me fall in love with comic ART. He's incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment