Wednesday, April 29, 2015

What I thought of...Convergence: Booster Gold #1

Convergence: Booster Gold #1: Look, here's the part where I could describe the story in-depth, but trust me, this is one of those "you had to be there" comics.
The Good: It's Booster Gold. Written by Dan Jurgens. Is there anything else? Honestly, this book is different from the other Convergence comics because it actually started in Booster Gold: Future's End #1, last Septembers one-shot special. This book is pure, 100% Booster Gold, and it's awesome. Not to spoil anything, but there ARE two Boosters in this story and I was surprised to learn, just how much "our" Booster has grown as a character. The book is also jam-packed with cameos, that you will love. You'll recognize about 90% of them, but there was a couple that even I had to google.
The Bad: OK, gun to my head, if I had to pick SOMETHING that I didn't 100% love about this issue, it's the art. Even though I like Alvaro Martinez and I knew he was doing this book, Part of me was still expecting Dan Jurgens' art. Again, the art is NOT bad, but there's something about Dan Jurgens drawing Booster Gold, that just feels right.
The Verdict: BUY IT! The unique thing about this book is that it's the 1 Convergence comic where you don't have to even KNOW what Convergence is to enjoy it. There are elements of the Convergence story in this issue, but you can pick this comic up and read it NO PROBLEM.

No comments:

Post a Comment