Saturday, August 27, 2011

Snake Eyes #3 Review


First off, my apologies to everyone that this is a month behind. That said, Snake Eyes #3 was my least favorite issue of the series so far. Don't get me wrong, it's still a Snake Eyes comic, which makes it GREAT. But, I'm afraid this issue left me feeling like I was reading "Snake Eyes & His Amazing Friends". Chuck Dixon does a fine job with the story, I can't imagine how hard it is to write a character that doesn't speak. He does a good job of not falling into the "Lassie trap" of another character saying "What's that Snake Eyes? Cobra's put together a new weather dominater and we need to go Cobra Island?" but, because everyone ELSE has to do the talking to move the store forward, we're left with less Snake Eyes that we should have. The art, as always, is fantastic. At this point if Robert Atkins put out a book of blank pages, I'd probably buy it. Don't get me wrong, this WAS a good comic with a sold story that's heating up. It's just not a great SNAKE EYES comic.

No comments:

Post a Comment