Friday, July 17, 2015

San Diego catch up!!!

It's all over, and everyone's pretty much settled down, so it's time to look at some of the San Diego Comic Con stuff that was awesome, and that you're going to be hearing a lot about from me in coming month. Enough rambling, let's get down to business. In NO particular order at all:

Sheena/Tarzan crossover: That's right, Dynamite acquired the right to Sheena Queen of the Jungle and is kick off her arrival by teaming her up with Tarzan Lord of the Jungle!!! I have to admit, I'm SUPER surprised that this team-up didn't take place years ago, but I think it's gonna be super fun to read. And, you guys know that I can't mention Tarzan without including a YouTube video of one of my favorite cartoons ever. Filmation's 1980's Tarzan cartoon! Enjoy:




JAMES BOND!!!! Wow, HOW long did we have to wait for this? Too long, in my opinion! Dynamite announced that they had acquired the license awhile ago, but had been playing coy for quite some time about when the book would launch and what the creative team would be. Well, the wait is over and the new Bond comic will be brought to us by writer Warren Ellis and artist Jason Masters. While you all know I'm not the biggest Warren Ellis fan out there, I really think this book is going to be a home run. You can read a great interview with Dynamite Senior Editor Joe Rybandt right here.

Thundercats!: OUTTA NOWHERE Mattel announced that they would be producing a line of Thundercats figures in scale with their Masters of the Universe Classic figures! Yes, these are the figures that we've been waiting for.


Ghostbusters: 2016 is gonna be a big year for Ghostbusters. And hey, I'm not even talking about the new film! We're going to get a NEW on-going Ghostbusters series from Erick Burnham and Dan Schoening,(and an annual this fall), but wait, there's more! Diamond Select is doing Ghostbusters figures of everybody from the first film, and I. MEAN. EVERYBODY! OK, no Larry King figure, but who knows? Stranger things have happened!...ok, not really.

Back to the Future: An honest to God, movie related, Back to the Future comic book! What's even better? It's co-written by Back to the Future co-creator (and no stranger to comics himself) Bob Gale and Erik Burnham, with art by Dan Schoening!!! I don't think there's anything you could want more from a Back to the Future comic.

Atari Force: Dynamite Entertainment is going to republish the DC Atari Force series, and they're doing new comics based on Atari properties. I'm hoping, with maybe some strong sales and some letter writing, we can get them to launch a brand new Atari Force series!

OK, I'm running outta steam with this post. There's a lot of :honorable mentions" that I wanted to make, but you'll see them later in the year (and next year) as they come closer. Let's get to the money shot:


ROM/The Micronauts: NOBODY saw this coming. NOBODY. Not even me. About 2 second after it was announced at the Hasbro panel, this image hit the internet:
We all know how much this meant to IDW's Chris Ryall, and frankly, there is NO WAY that I could be happier for him. I've known Chris for a long time, and I know how hard he's worked to get ROM and believe me, to call this a labor or love would be THE understatement of all time. There's a little life lesson hidden in this one-hard work, determination and passion PAY OFF.
-As much as for Chris, this is a dream come true for me as well. I've always been a huge fan of both properties, and to get the chance to sell these books is just incredible. I truly never thought that it would happen.

So, consider this a preview of the things to come here. I'll be covering/reviewing/promoting all of these things, and many more, in the months to come. You think you've seen electrifying before? You ain't seen nothin' yet, baby!!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment