Tuesday, May 7, 2013

What I thought of...Star Wars #5

Star Wars #5: Things get even MORE hot and hectic.There's an awesome space dog fight with some X-Wings and TIE Fighters, more Han & Chewie on the lam, and dash of Luke & Vader(not together).
The Good: Almost everything. I really want to talk about the art this time. Carlos D'Anda, in my opinion, will go down as one of THE Star Wars artists. He hits all the beats when it comes to character likenesses and all the classic creatures are instantly recognizable, yet he puts his own spin on them that makes them different and refreshing. Just absolutely fantastic artwork here.
The Bad: Dog Fights. I HATE reading dog fights. Whether in a novel, a comic, or anywhere else, I have always found them pretty boring. Unfortunately, about 60% of this issue is a big dog between Leia's squad and some Imperials. When that's over, the comic does kick into high gear, though, so it's not a total loss.
The Verdict: BUY. IT. How many times do I have to tell you how awesome this book is?

No comments:

Post a Comment