Sunday, April 13, 2014

HAYESWATCH 2: This time, it's personal

This week's episode: Citizens on Patrol
So, how much CAN I change myself in year? I'm guessing, quite a lot. I mean, a year IS a long time, right? You can do almost anything in a year if you put your mind to it. Get a new job. Get a new car. Even get a new house, if you work super hard at it. OK, getting a new house might take a little longer than a year, but there are people who do make enough money that they CAN do it. You could move to a new town, city, even COUNTRY if you wanted to! You could learn a new language, all right, I'll stop giving examples. It's annoying. SO, over the course of the next year, you'll get a weekly Hayes report. It'll include:
-My weight (and, if it was +/-/the same from the previous week)
-How much exercising I did that week (how much and what kind, you won't get blow by blow workouts, cause these tend to be long and boring to read, unless you're really into that sort of thing)
-My blood sugar levels
-3 or 4 times you'll my A1C
-And maybe various little shit along the way. Let's start it off:
Current weight: 224.0 I'm not really sure what my goal weight will be one year from now, but it's going to be less than I weight now)
-I just had my A1C done, so for this week, I'm counting that and my sugar levels as 1 think. My A1C was 8.7. My goal, for 1 year from now, is to have it below 7.0
-Mystery Problem: Yeah, this one's weird. I have something going on. Something physical not emotional, and I'm not going to tell you what it is. Maybe someday. When it gets better, you'll know. If it doesn't, you'll DEFINITELY know. Right now, I'm going to give it an F.
-And something that I learned this week, is a lesson in contentment. Yes, goals and dreams are a VITAL part of life. Without them, you never improve yourself. But, while you're chasing down these goals and dreams, be sure to take a second and enjoy the season of life that your in right now. Just because you're not a bazillionaire or have a brand new car or your not working your dream job, doesn't mean that you can't be happy right where you are. See you in a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment