Friday, February 6, 2015

What I thought of...Star Wars #2

Star Wars #2: The Empire has the Rebels trapped on the largest weapons factory in the whole galaxy! While Luke battles it out with Darth Vader, Han and Leia fight to get to Luke, and then get the heck off this planet!! If you thought "the gang" was in trouble before, you haven't seen anything yet!
The Good: Wow. This is a pretty monumental task. Trying to pack EVERYTHING good about this issue into this review. So, I'm going to take what I enjoyed the MOST and lay it out for you. First, Aarons descision to write the story of the MAIN Star Wars characters. A lot of times, authors who write Star Wars stories quickly abandon Luke, Han, Leia and the rest to make way for the characters that they created, and showing how the Star Wars movies where really about THEM, and the movie characters are just background noise. Not so, here. Jason Aaron keeps the story focused on the main characters, only adding additional characters when he absolutely has to. Second, the pacing of this comic is INSANE!!! I mean, we're talking wall to wall action!! It just never lets up, but along the way, a pretty great story is told.
The Bad: Gun to my head? I'd say that this issue artist John Cassaday misses the mark by a SMALL margin on the likenesses of the actors in this issue. Not even remotely enough to actually bother me, just enough to make me notice that a couple of panels looked a bit off..
The Verdict: Don't even ask. Just go buy this comic!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment