Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Comic Review:COBRA #4


OK, this Cobra Civil War story is REALLY getting good. This issue is primarily a Major Bludd story, and he's one of my favorites, so I was bound to like this from the start. I love how writer Mike Costa has turned EVERY single Cobra member into a credible threat for the Joes-and also for the other members of Cobra as well. There's some BIG things that happen in this issue, so I'll try and dance around the spoilers as much as I can.
-We get PLENTY of action, not just talking in this issue. We also get to see the slightest glimpse of Bludd's personal life and just how incredible different that is. Costa does a great issue continually showing just how dangerous Bludd is, who he's in league with and who he controls. At this point in the game, I really have no clue just who will end up being Cobra Commander when the war is over and the dust is settled.
-The art chores in this issue is split between series artist Antonio Fuso & Chee. I'll admit, I've never seen Chee's artwork before, but it's really nice. Totally fits the book. Overall, this issue really picks up the pace of the whole CCW story and really gets you excited for what's coming next. BUY IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment