Monday, September 5, 2011

HAWK!! DOVE!!!

This week, DC has 11 new #1's to choose from. From Action Comics #1 to Detective Comics #1, there is literally SOMETHING for EVERYONE. But, the one I'm over the moon excited for is Hawk & Dove #1 from Sterling Gates & Rob Liefeld. I mean, how can you NOT be excited for this title? Just look:


Pretty freaking cool, right? OK, for those of you who are too young to remember Liefeld's FIRST Hawk & Dove series, let me take you back. The year was 1988. On the radio(yes radio), we were listening to things like this:
and this:
And we even had our own "MMMBop" back then:
-On a bike ride to the grocery store, I saw this comic, and I was INSTANTLY hooked!!!
-I wasn't sure who exactly they were, but I had to read it. I read that issue 7 times that first day alone. Thanks to the Kesels & this Liefeld kid, I was hooked! After the initial run of the series, Hawk died. Dove died-kinda. There was a rock band Hawk & Dove, then they were girls in the Teen Titans, then DC got sick of reading my letters and in Brightest Day brought back Hank Hall and Dawn Granger and finally-I was happy again. It was stated early on that not everyone would make it through the Brightest Day series and from the moment they announced that, I was sure that Hank would die again. BUT, here we are. 2 days away from one of the comics that I'm most looking forward to EVER!!! Now, I know that a lot of people are saying that this whole DC relaunch feels too much like the 90's. Um, guys. You know what happened in the 90's? PEOPLE BOUGHT A SHITLOAD OF COMICS!!!! HOW is that a bad thing? I feel like I'm 15 years old again. But, I'm still not listening to Don't Worry,Be Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment