Tuesday, June 4, 2013

What I thought of...Daredevil: Dark Nights #1

Daredevil: Dark Nights #1: This mini series finds Daredevil in trouble. I mean in REAL trouble. But, not from any sort of villain or cosmic threats, this time he's up against.............the weather. Yes. Seriously. And you know what? It's a pretty great book!!
The Good: Ladies & Gentlemen, I am SUPER pleased to announce that...LEE WEEKS HAS STILL GOT IT!!! Yes, that's right, he hasn't lost a step. Nope, not one bit. This story (both written and drawn by Weeks) is FANTASTIC!!! This is the kind of story that I've been in the mood for. A story that REALLY digs into the character, the motivation, the soul of Daredevil. We get a real sense of what makes Matt Murdock tick, and it's all nestled into a very entertaining and well executed comic story.
The Bad: The schedule. Why can't this be a biweekly book? It's by 3 different creators, you can't tell me that  all of their chapters aren't done? I just want this book to come out quicker because I liked it so much!
The Verdict: BUY IT!!!! NO, do NOT want for the trade!! Seriously, it's that good!! And, you can visit this link for an interview with Lee Weeks about this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment