Wednesday, June 12, 2013

What I thought of...Star Wars #6!!!

Star Wars #6: This is....a not so pleasant issue. Now, what I mean by that is that, in this issue, some unfortunate things happen to the main cast of characters.Things were pretty bad when we left Luke, Leia and Wedge last issue and, believe it or not, they just get worse. On a side note, trade paperbacks usually collect the first 6 issues of a series. I really canNOT see this being the last chapter of a trade.
The Good: Even though our heroes get in a LOT of trouble this issue, it's really fun to watch. Like when you were a kid and would watch a scary movie with your hands over your eyes, but your fingers spread apart just enough so that you could still see what was going on. This is hard to do. Escpecially in a book like Star Wars. Let's be honest. We KNOW Luke Skywalker isn't going to die in this comic. We KNOW Darth Vader's not going to tell Luke his father in this comic. Yet, I felt an honest sense of urgancy when reading this book, as if anything can happen. Also, as usual, the art is FANTASTIC here. I LOVE Carlos D'Anda, and in particular I love the life and energy that he brings to this book. I hope he sticks around for awhile.
The Bad: Look, the only "bad" thing that I could come up with is the 30 day wait that we have before the next issue. Everything else is pure gold!
The Verdict: BUY IT!!BUY IT!!BUY IT!!BUY IT!!BUY IT!!BUY IT!!BUY IT!!BUY IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment