Monday, May 25, 2015

The top 10 shows that NEED to be on the Marvel/Star Wars channel

Revealed at a recent investors conference call, Disney CEO suggested that there might be a Disney Marvel or Star Wars streaming channel in the near future. He's his quote directly:

"We have said that with these channels and these brands — ESPN, ABC, Disney, maybe even down the road something related to Star Wars and Marvel — we do have an ability as a company to take product, specifically filmed entertainment, television, movies, directly to consumers."

Most of us knew that this was just a matter of time, and something that a lot of HOPED for. The only thing that makes me a little concerned is what the content of those channels might feature. I mean, I LOVE the current Marvel cinematic universe, but it would be cool to have something from before these movies debuted. In fact, I think it would be really important to. As far as a Star Wars channel-YIKES! Yes, there's 6 movies, soon to be 7, The Clone Wars cartoon, Rebels, and....um.... some stuff from 30 years ago. Is there enough content for a Star Wars channel? Yes, Disney will have TONS of people subscribe because it's Star Wars, but if every time I turn it on, Attack of the Clones is on, I'm not turning it on very often. So, here's the top 5; Marvel shows and the top 5 Star Wars shows that I want to see on each channel, that probably won't be (naturally, this list does NOT include new content created for the either network). Let's start with Star Wars:

5)Star Wars: The Clone Wars:
No, not the one that went on for 6 seasons, the micro-series from cartoon network that was INCREDIBLE!!

4)Documentaries
Again, there's not a lot of Star Wars TV or movies, but there's been a TON of documentaries made, both official and unofficial about the movies. Here's one that I love watching:


3)Indiana Jones
YOU HEARD ME!


2)Ewoks
My second favorite Star Wars cartoon! Hey, it was 1985 and we were DYING for more Star Wars. So, when this came along, anyone who was a Star Wars fan watched no matter what, and some of us were pleasently surprised. Overly sweet? Sure. But, it was the 80's. And it was Star Wars.


1)Droids
The BEST Star Wars cartoon EVER!!!! OK, maybe just in my opinion, but whatever. Before the Prequels were even a thought, THESE were the adventures of C-3PO and R2-D2 before they met up with the Rebellion. Weird, crazy and awesomely fun and hey, Boba Fett even shows up!


Marvel has a bit more to play with. They've had stuff on TV pretty much since the 1960s. Here's the top 5 shows that I want to see streaming on that network:

5)The Thing
I have no clue why this show is even called "The Thing", but it's great in a really cheesy way:

4)The Marvel TV movies
Oh man, these were so bad they were AWESOME! Captain America! Nick Fury! DOCTOR STRANGE!!!

3)Fantastic Four
I used to watch this on Boomerang and LOVED it for some reason. Charming 1960's cartoon WITH The Human Torch!

2)Spider-Man & his Amazing Friends
Bar none, the best Marvel cartoon EVER!

1)The 60's Marvel cartoons
These were cartoons that were they took the issues of a comic and just moved an arm or leg. Classic and awesome at the same time. I could watch these for days:

-There you go. I really hope that one day, we'll have both streaming networks for Star Wars and Marvel Comics. I mean, I know I'd pay for both, wouldn't you? Kind of seems like a no-brainer on Disney's part. As for Indiana Jones........well, that's a topic for another time. Another time and another place.

No comments:

Post a Comment