Wednesday, May 20, 2015

What I thought of...Star Wars #5

Star Wars #5: While Boba Fett looks for the pilot who destroyed the Death Star, Han and Princess Leia set out on a mission to find a new secret base for the Rebellion
The Good: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!! This issue is over the top AWESOME!! Writer Jason Aaron manages to make Boba Fett a bad-ass again, after he was de-badassed during the prequels and Clone Wars TV series. THIS is the Boba Fett that we all loved when we were kids, THIS is the Boba Fett that we pretended he was when we played with the toy. This IS Boba Fett! Beyond that, there's still a lot of great stuff here. Han and Leia's back and forth sounds like it's straight from the movies, absolutely perfect, and while it's very minor, Luke has an interesting storyline this issue as well. As always, everything fits together logically within the timeline of the movies, and as a bonus, we get to see some very familiar faces, and John Cassaday's art is gorgeous as always. I'm really going to miss him.
The Bad: This is always hard. Finding something to criticize about a comic that I love so much. I guess, gun to my head, I'd have to say that sometimes there are too many subplots, and you forget who they are. Someone shows up this issue in one panel, and I can't really remember if he's been seen before. I'm 90% sure that he HAS, but now I have to back and read the previous issues. Which, isn't exactly a complaint ,because I love reading and re-reading them. But I have to admit, sometimes it does get a little confusing.
What you should do: This book BETTER be on your pull list and you better be buying it each month regardless of what I say. But, if you technically need me to say it, then I will. "BUY IT!"

No comments:

Post a Comment