Monday, March 18, 2013

What I thought of...Nova #2

So far, this book is 2 for 2 in the awesome department. I really never thought I'd like this book this much, but the creative team makes it really easy to love!!!
The Good: There's a lot. I know a lot of people don't care for Jeph Loeb, but he makes this book SO much fun!!! Yes, there are all the standard "new hero discovering his powers" cliches in this issue, but Loeb manages to make them fresh, different and a lot of fun. Add to that Ed McGuinnes, and you've got an action packed, old school comic that reads great for modern day audiences. This book doesn't pretend to be anything it's not. It's just a fun, super hero comic, plain and simple.
The Bad: Hmmmmmm. Let's see. I'm still not digging the "deadbeat dad" story line, but thankfully it's not as prominent here as it was in the last issue. Also, this is a SUPER quick read, I wish there would've been a little more dialogue.
The Verdict: Pick it up!!! If you liked the first issue, it's pretty much more of the same, and that's a GOOD thing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment