Monday, March 18, 2013

What I thought of....Superior Spider-Man #6

This issue is scary. And not the funny scary. The SCARY scary.
The Good: You know, I thought I would be tired of the Doc Ock in Spidey's body gimmick by now. But, surprisingly, I'm not. The one thing that keeps it interesting is Peter Parker's ghost(?) in Doc Ock's head. There's a LOT of room for some great stories there, and Slott hasn't even really scratched the surface on that one yet. One of the Spider-Man hallmarks is humor, and since Spider-Man himself isn't funny anymore, the humor has to come from other places, which is a nice change of pace. And hey! Humberto Ramos is back!!! I'm glad he is, because I don't think anyone else could've drawn this issue quite as well as he did. He even makes the uncomfortable violence look good!
The Bad: In this issue, things get a little brutal. OK, a LOT brutal. Not to spoil anything, but here Spidey turns out to be more Doc Ock than Spider-Man. I'm beginning to find myself missing Peter Parker: Spider-Man. I know it's just a matter of time before he'll be back, but hopefully we won't have to wait too long.
The Verdict: It's really good, certainly much better than the last issue. What I really liked about this comic is that there's a lot more time spent as Spider-Man than as Peter Parker. Slott is moving the story along at a great pace, and again, the art is fantastic!!! Snatch this one up, you're gonna like it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment