Monday, March 11, 2013

What I thought of....(the) WOLVERINE #1

On Wednesday Marvel Comics launches a brand new ongoing Wolverine series called...Wolverine. Written by Paul Cornell with art by Alan Davis, this is one AWESOME book!! I'll admit, I'm a Wolverine guy. Not to the extreme that I would name my son Logan (seriously people, stop doing that) or get a Wolverine tattoo or  anything else like that. BUT, he's probably my favorite X-men. Here's my take on this book..
THE GOOD: Just about EVERYTHING. Seriously. THIS is the Wolverine book that I want to read. It's Wolverine. And nobody else. No X-Men. No Avengers. Just him, being awesome. This reminded me a little bit of the very first Wolverine ongoing series back in the late 80's/early 90's. It was just him solo going on adventures and fighting super villains, and that's what we have here. The whole issue is Wolverine up against a normal looking guy. Now, that doesn't quite make sense until about halfway through the book when we find out, kind of, what's going on. This is everything you'd want in a Wolverine book. Action, badassery, and nudity. Great story and dialogue by Paul Cornell. As for the art-ALAN DAVIS everybody!!!! Do I need to tell you how awesome he is? No. No, I don't. It's great Alan Davis art, plain and simple.
THE BAD:  Hmmmmmm. I'm really at a loss here. The only bad that I can think of is that I want to read the next issue RIGHT NOW. Honestly, there's really not much bad in this issue that I can criticize.
THE VERDICT: Seriously? Do I even need to write this? BUY IT!!! It's a GREAT book. You're gonna have a blast with this comic, you have my word on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment