Friday, April 19, 2013

He-Man Week-Day 4!!!

Masters of the Universe #1 Comic Review

He-Man & The Masters of the Universe #1: First awesome issue in this brand new ongoing title!!! While the Masters attend a funeral, Hordak sends his forces into Eternia to invade. Led by Despara, the Horde takes out a huge group of normal citizens. but He-Man shows up to save the day. There's also a GREAT last page shocker!!
The Good: If you like He-Man, it's ALL good!! And, I think, that even if you're not a hardcore fan, just know anything about the property, you'd enjoy it too. It doesn't get bogged down in heavy Masters continuity, it stays with what everyone knows and loves about Masters of the Universe.
The Bad: If I have to pick something, I'd say I'm not 100% in love with Hordak's design. Now, I'm not sure if the creative team is waiting to give us the Hordak that we all know and love, or if this change is permanent. If it is, I'm not a fan. If it changes,I'll be glad to have the classic Hordak back. But, kudos to the creative team for using someone else other than Skeletor. And, Dekker is in it and I HATE that guy.
  Are you kidding me? BUY THIS!!! Even if you're a casual fan, pretty much everybody knows the basic story of He-Mna, and this will refresh your memory and get you excited about future issues about this comic. If you're a die hard fan like me, it's really enjoyable seeing the new status-quo for the Masters of the Universe!

No comments:

Post a Comment