Tuesday, April 30, 2013

What I thought of...The Superior Spider-Man #9

Superior Spider-Man #9: Oh boy. I think a lot of people are gonna go ape-shit over this issue. Last issue, Doc Ock discovered that there was still a little Peter Parker inside his head. This issue.........let's just say he "deals with it". Just about anything I say about this issue would be a spoiler, so, I won't. BUT, I do think that issue is gonna go down as one of the classic Spider-Man stories.
The Good: Besides being a AWESOME story, there's some really great character study in this issue. Like the issue of Amazing Spider-Man where Spidey's buried under the rubble and he has to will his way out. Yeah, I don't remember the issue number. Sorry. And Ryan Stegman's back! What a treat for the eyes. He REALLY poured his all into this issue. There's TONS of emotional stuff going on here, and he's able to make is show threw the characters faces like I've rarely seen before.
The Bad: OK, I know this is picky, but I think that's about the WORST cover I've ever seen in my life. Does it fit the story? Yeah, it does. But it is UGLY!!! As I said, this is going to go down as one of the essential Spider-Man reads in years to come, it's a shame that this cover will always be tied to it.
The Verdict: Really? OF COURSE you should buy this!!! NOW!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment